14)Win XP Won’t Completely Shutdown:
- Go to Control Panel, then go to Power Options.
- Click on the APM tab, then check the "Enable Advanced
Power Management support."
- Shut down your PC.
- It should now successfully complete the Shut Down process.
15)Adjust Various Visual Effects:
- Open up the Control Panel.
- Go under System and click on the Advanced tab.
- Click settings under Performance options.
- You can now change various graphical effects (mainly animations
16)Disable Error Reporting:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Performance and Maintenance.
- Click on System.
- Then click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the error-reporting button on the bottom of the windows.
- Select Disable error reporting.
- Click OK. Click OK.
17)Increase Your Cable Modem or DSL Speed in XP:
This tweak is for broad band cable connections on stand alone
machines with WinXP professional version - might work on Home
version also. It may also work with networked machines as well.
This tweak assumes that you have let WinXP create a connection
on install for your cable modem/NIC combination and that your
connection has tcp/ip - QoS - file and print sharing - and client
for Microsoft networks , only, installed. It also assumes that
WinXP will detect your NIC and has in-box drivers for it. If it
doesn't do not try this.
- In the "My Network Places" properties (right-click
on the desktop icon and choose properties), highlight the connection
- then at the menu bar choose "Advanced" then "Advanced
Settings". Uncheck the two boxes in the lower half for
- bindings for File and Printer sharing and Client for MS networks.