8)Load Internet Explorer the Fastest Way
Edit your link to start Internet Explorer to have -nohome
after it. For Example: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
This will load internet explorer very fast because it does not
load a web page while it is loading. If you want to go to your
homepage after it is loaded, just click on the home button.
9)Easy Way to Adjust LargeSystemCache:
Normally, the tweak I've seen asks you to go into HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management and change the value to either O or
1 to the adjustment the LargeSystemCache.
- However, in Windows XP, all you have to do is:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Select Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Choose Performance.
- Click Advanced again.
- Select either Programs or System Cache under Memory Usage.
- Programs = 0 for the registry tweak equivalent
- System Cache = 1 for the registry tweak equivalent
10)Shutdown XP Faster:
Like previous versions of windows, it takes long time
to restart or shutdown windows XP when the "Exit Windows"
sound is enabled. To solve this problem you must disable this
Click Start button.
Go to settings > Control Panel > Sound, Speech and Audio
devices > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds.
Then under program events and windows menu click on "Exit
Windows" sub-menu and highlight it. Now from sounds you can
select, choose "none" and then click Apply and OK.
Now you should see some improvements when shutting down your
11)Easily Disable Messenger:
Go into: C:/Program Files/Messenger. Rename the Messenger
folder to "MessengerOFF".
This does not slow down Outlook Express or hinder system performance.
- 12)Turn Off Autoplay for Program CDs:
How can you stop Windows XP from launching program
- Click Start, click Run, type GPEDIT.MSC to open Group Policy
in the Microsoft Management Console.
- Double-click Computer Configuration, double-click Administrative
templates, double-click System, and then click Turn off autoplay.
- The instructions on your screen describe how to configure
this setting. Click Properties to display the setting dialog.
- Click Enabled, and choose CD-ROM drives, then click OK, to
stop CD autoplay.
- This setting does not prevent Autoplay for music CDs.
13)Synchronize Your Computer Clock with an Internet Time
Does your computer have the right time? If your computer
is not part of a domain, you can synchronize your computer clock
with an Internet time server. To do so:
- Double–click the time on your task bar.
- Click the Internet Time tab.
Select the time server you want to use and make sure to select
the Automatically synchronize with an Internet time
server check box.